Thursday, February 7, 2013

First things first

Hey All!

I have decided to take charge of my life and create a blog. Crazy, right? Well, maybe. I think it's time for me to become and adult and venture out on my own. I have relied on others taking care of me most my life and I'm ready to come out of my shell and let the world know what I have to offer. No more hiding behind my parents, my friend Kim who acts as my subconscious, my college roommate and mother hen, Jess, my handsome and outgoing hubby, and my wonderful and very talented co-workers. I'm ready. So here it goes...

I am a wife.
I am a mother.
I am creative.
I am a designer.
I am a crafter.
I am NOT an artist. Well,  not in the traditional definition anyway.

This blog will be dedicated to design, quilts, crafts and handmade goodies, random acts of kindness, and the occasional crock pot recipe and hilarious stunts my 2 rascals preform.

My hope for this blog is to one day be able to spend more time at home creating gorgeous designs in my sweats. I hope to create a virtual design environment where people send me design questions and floor plans and I make something wonderful out of their dilemma. From dilemma to design  Make sense? Clear as mud? 

In the very wise words of my past co-worker Alicia, "You got this!" Funny how something so simple can be so inspiring.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you are doing a blog! I can't wait to keep reading to hear what is going on in your life (and in your head). Hope all is well. I am here if you need me! Love you and keep writing!!

    Love always,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for your new endeavor! Thanks for the shout out, too. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so inspiring! I cant wait to see what amazing things this blog will have. We all know how talented and wonderful you are... now its time to show the rest of the world! I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete